This month Alison is celebrating its 14th birthday. While the last 14 years have seen the company grow enormously, one thing has stayed the same: we remain as committed to breaking down barriers in education today as we were in 2007.
Every day we strive to source and publish the best and most up-to-date courses across an ever-widening range of topics and disciplines. With over 2,500 quality courses available on our platform, a number growing all the time, we know that our goal of free global access to education is becoming more and more of a reality.
For our 14th birthday, we’ve decided to put together a list of our 14 most popular courses – courses that have already empowered millions of Learners around the world and which will hopefully inspire many more.
14 Courses that have Empowered Millions
- Human Resources is the cornerstone of every organisation and those responsible for HR need to have the very best in training. Our Diploma in Human Resources covers everything you need to know about hiring, training, and motivating staff effectively.
- Regardless of your field, this course is a must for anyone overseeing projects at work. The Diploma in Project Management will guide you through the crucial phases of the system development lifecycle, including analysis, planning, design and evaluation.
- This course covers one of the most important standards prescribed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO). ISO 45001:2018 – Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems will teach you why the ISO has chosen to develop this standard, how the standard works, the benefits the standard can deliver to businesses, and much more.
- There’s never been a greater public awareness around mental health, and it’s important to have a solid understanding of a range of mental health issues, both for your own wellbeing and for that of those around you. Alison’s Diploma in Mental Health will help you gain a better understanding of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of various forms of mental illnesses.
- The Diploma in Nursing and Patient Care covers a wide variety of topics central to the work of nurses in modern healthcare systems, from caring for elderly patients to operating relevant equipment.
- Customer Service Skills are a must in every profession. This course will teach you how to focus on the customer and identify their expectations, as well as how to deal with complaints and manage stress.
- This essential course in CPR, AED and First Aid covers critical subjects such as how to check a patient’s responsiveness, how to recognize a variety of symptoms and how to respond to choking.
- Advanced Parenting Skills will teach you cutting-edge tools, strategies and techniques that you can use to help you become best parent you can be. Parenting is an amazingly difficult and complex job, it can seem truly impossible without the right training!
- The Diploma in Operations Management covers all of the key functions of an operations manager. By learning the key decision-making skills involved in operations management, you’ll be better equipped to deliver your company’s goods or services to your customers on a day-to-day basis.
- Having a good command of food safety and hygiene techniques is essential for any food industry professional. Food Safety and Hygiene in the Catering Industry will teach you the standard food safety guidelines for the catering industry.
- Mental health has become an increasingly important concern of healthcare systems around the world. Mental Health Studies – Suicide, Violent Behavior and Substance Abuse will provide you with some truly important knowledge that can help alleviate actions and habits that might be endangering your health.
- Our Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health is essential for businesses that need to implement workplace health and safety policies to ensure compliance with legislation, promote employee well-being, and foster a productive work environment.
- Children with special needs have different requirements, especially when it comes to classroom learning. Working with Students with Special Educational Needs will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the relevant pedagogical techniques and educational psychology.
- Focusing on the legal and ethical issues of providing care, the Diploma in Caregiving will help you develop the skills you need to become an effective caregiver. The course will help you develop the necessary skills for meeting the physical and emotional needs of a family member or a patient.