You have a decent understanding of the English language. You know the pronouns. You’ve managed to grasp basic grammar rules. You can greet people and have a simple conversation. This works until you find yourself in an environment that requires more than just the basics, and you struggle. This is because the basics are just that: a basic introduction to the language. With English Vertical courses, you build up from your foundation, connecting basic skills to intermediate and intermediate skills to advanced. We’re answering all your frequently asked questions about the courses below.
- What is the English Vertical?
The English Vertical from Alison is a series of English language courses created to be taken in order, from beginner level skills and topics up to an advanced level. Each new course builds on the knowledge acquired in the preceding courses.
2. Who should take the English Vertical courses?
English Vertical courses can be taken by anyone, regardless of proficiency level. They are ideal for anyone who would like to improve their English language skills for everyday life, work, travel or other reasons.
3. Will the courses be suitable for me if I have no knowledge or experience in English?
Yes. The different courses include lessons for beginners and those with basic English skills.
4. What are the benefits of completing the English Vertical courses?
- You are extending your knowledge by building on what you learned in previous levels.
- Your English language skills will progress and grow with each level completed.
- You will have a better understanding of the language and its application in real world situations.
- Your confidence level will be boosted by your ability to speak confidently and understand other English speakers without much difficulty.
5. How many courses will I have to take?
Each English Vertical series has its own number of courses you can complete. These range from beginner to advanced. The aim is to complete all levels.
6. How much time do I need to dedicate to a course?
Each level has its own number of courses, and each course has its own content. The time to complete each course and level will vary. We recommend studying at your own pace, based on your personal capacity and availability.
7. What is covered in each set of courses?
All of Alison’s English Vertical courses are based on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Each set of courses focus on different vocabulary words and grammar points adapted to the current level. All English Vertical courses focus on listening, reading, and speaking skills and higher-level courses also focus on writing skills.
8. How do I know which courses to take?
Take the online English assessment and we will provide you with a selection of recommended courses best suited to your current level.
Alison’s courses are designed to help you improve your English language skills and take you from beginner to proficient. They will equip you with essential skills, increase your understanding and boost your confidence levels. Browse the available courses and start your English learning journey today.